What do we do with the License after the wedding?

After the officiant (a minister or judge) has completed the License/ Certificate and the witnesses have signed it, the form must be returned to the County Clerk within 10 days after the ceremony. Please use black ink to complete the certificate, and because handwriting is difficult to read, we ask that you fill out the Wedding Witness Information Form and return it with the Certificate to the Clerk’s Office.

Return "License and Certificate of Marriage" along with the Wedding Information Form to the County Clerk’s Office within 10 days of the ceremony.

Show All Answers

1. Is a marriage license required?
2. Where do we get a marriage license?
3. What is the cost of a marriage license?
4. What are the residency requirements for Wyoming?
5. Is there a waiting period from the application date to the date the license is issued?
6. Is there a waiting period from the date the license is issued to the date I am allowed to marry?
7. Are blood tests and physical exams required?
8. What is the minimum age a man or woman may marry?
9. What if one or both of us is younger than 18?
10. How long does a marriage license remain valid once it's been issued?
11. Do we have to get married in Albany County?
12. What information will the Clerk’s Office need when we apply for our license?
13. What if one or both partners have been divorced or have had a spouse die?
14. Are common law marriages legal
15. Are same sex marriages legal?
16. Who performs marriage services in Albany County?
17. What do we do with the License after the wedding?
18. How can I get a Certified Copy of my Marriage License?
19. What's the process of legally changing my last name after marriage?